Thursday 12 June 2008

Not so hot date

So I drove for over an hour, endured motorway traffic to have a diet coke in a " Frankie and Bennies". I spent an hour with him and then he announced that he had to get home as he's come from work and hadn't eaten yet. When did dates stop lasting the whole evening ?

He looked so nervous, like he was about to throw up at any minute. What happened to the cool, kinda quirky guy who'd been emailing me ?I swapped him a really good book " The Road to McCarthy" for a cd he's made for me, which jumped after 3 tracks.

So to clarify, I spent longer on travelling than on the date, gave away a good book and had a diet coke in a god awful American diner !

Today I had some really nice text messages from him, funny, quirky and sweet. He said " As for me, I enjoyed myself and would be truly disappointed if it only happens once "

WTF.. was he on the same date as me or am I just so unused to dates that that's how they go ?

No comments: